Details • Standards • Environment
Herbert House Sober Living Residences combines an upscale environment with real-life addiction-alcoholism recovery housing components…
West Los Angeles, California has long been considered among the leading regions nationwide when it comes to quality sober living homes. For those of you who are new to the recovery process, or maybe new to the area, or both, be assured that you’re in an outstanding area to be living a sober life.
While there is a seemingly endless pool of recovery residences all throughout Southern California, from the very affordable to the highly structured and on up to the exceedingly high-end, luxury sober livings charging many thousands per month, Herbert House has been apart from the rest since day one. When we first pioneered the sober living concept here in the Culver City/West LA area, our objective was to create a careful balance between comfort, structure, elegance and affordability. Equally important however, was the belief that we should maintain a real-life recovery environment that offers residents the freedom they need to rebuild their lives
Herbert House is an environment for mature men, ages 25 and up, who are truly ready to make a lifelong shift in sobriety. Whether you are a working professional, a college student, attending outpatient treatment or even volunteering during the day, we are here to support and offer guidance to each resident accordingly. The core set of principles at Herbert House that each guest is required to live by applies to any mature, independent adult in today’s society. At the same time however, each client’s needs are addressed on an individual basis.
Comforts & Amenities
- Herbert House Sober Living & Recovery Support Residences consists of four fully-furnished houses surrounding a central courtyard
- Spacious and upscale homes with ample personal space
- Fully equipped kitchens, hi-speed Internet access, coin-op washers and dryers, flat-screen televisions, computers available for guest use, workout & fitness area, enclosed yard & bbq area, parking, and more
- Bedding, coffee and cleaning supplies included
- Liberal policy of granting passes for overnight stays, work and personal
- All guests are encouraged to enhance their stay by bringing items essential to their comfort and success, within reason
- All modalities of treatment are welcome: 12-Step, Agape, Rational Recovery, SMART Recovery, Holistic, Faith-Based, etc.
- Attorney/legal documentation program available (for an additional fee) to certify guests’ hourly attendance and activities
- Strong community of supportive men involved in their recovery processes and active lifestyles
- Minimal structure and oversight
- Staff is available 24/7 to offer guidance and support for each guest
- In addition to recovery, we also encourage employment, education, volunteering or whatever path to productivity the resident may choose
- 30-day minimum stay required
- Must be sober to enter and agree to weekly on-site and lab drug & alcohol testing
- Two weekly in-house meetings
- Sign in/out board
- Weekly written self-assessment
- Minimal indoor and outdoor chores
- Mandatory meeting attendance and sponsorship for twelve-step followers required
Costs & Fees
- Private Rooms = $2,575 per month
- Shared Rooms = $1,760 per month
- Single Apartment = $3000 per month
- $500 security deposit, refundable upon giving two weeks notice and departing in good standing
- $200 drug testing fee every 6 months
- Herbert House accepts cash, checks and wire. A major credit/debit card may be used for the initial payment in order to hold a spot for an upcoming client
Herbert House Sober Living | "Your life wants you back!"
Setting the standard in addiction recovery housing for over 25 years
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU 7 DAYS A WEEK
Herbert House Sober Living is an organization dedicated to helping guide mature men to a life of successful recovery. With over 20 years expertise and a pioneering role among the Los Angeles, CA recovery housing community, we successfully balance recovery, community, comfort and cost. We are unique, our mission is steadfast, and each opportunity to help rebuild a life (and family) is a process we truly cherish.