Details and Costs
Herbert House Sober Living combines comfort, elegance and real-life recovery concepts within a structure geared for mature men.
West Los Angeles, California has long been considered among the leading regions nationwide when it comes to quality sober living homes. For those of you who are new to the recovery process, or maybe new to the area, or both, be assured that you’re in a wonderful area to be sober!
While there is a seemingly endless pool of recovery and transitional residences all throughout Southern California, including upscale, structured and high-end luxury locations, we at Herbert House have been set apart from the rest since day-one. When we first pioneered the sober living concept here in the Culver City/West LA area, our objective was to create a careful balance between comfort, structure, elegance and affordability. Equally important however, was the belief that we should maintain a real-life recovery environment that offers residents the freedom they need to rebuild their lives.
This is an environment for mature men who are truly ready to make a lifelong shift in sobriety. Whether you’re a working professional, a college student, attending outpatient treatment or anything of the sort, we absolutely support and guide each resident accordingly and lovingly. We require that each guest live by a set of principles that would apply to any mature adult in today’s society.
Costs and Fees
- Private Rooms = $2,475 per month
- Shared Rooms = $1,675 per month
- Single Apartment = $3000 per month
- $500 security deposit, refundable upon giving two weeks’ notice and departing in good standing
- $200 drug testing fee every 6 months
- Herbert House accepts cash, checks, and most major credit cards
All the Comforts of Home
- Herbert House Recovery Support Residences consists of four fully-furnished houses surrounding a central courtyard
- Spacious and upscale: Three- and four-man residences
- Fully-equipped kitchens, hi-speed Internet access, coin-op washers and dryers, flat-screen televisions, computers available for guest use, workout & fitness area, enclosed yard & bbq area, parking, and more
- Bedding, coffee and cleaning supplies included
- Liberal policy of granting passes for overnight stays, work and personal
- All guests are encouraged to enhance their stay by bringing items essential to their comfort and success, within reason
Community and Support
- All modalities of treatment are welcome: twelve-step, Agape, Rational Recovery, SMART Recovery, Holistic, etc.
- Attorney/legal documentation program available (for an additional fee) to certify guests’ hourly attendance and activities
- Strong community of supportive men involved in their recovery processes and active lifestyles
- Minimal structure and oversight
- Staff is available 24/7 to offer guidance and support for each guest
- In addition to recovery, we also encourage employment, education, volunteering or whatever path to productivity the resident may choose
- 30-day minimum stay required
- Must be sober to enter and agree to weekly on-site and lab drug & alcohol testing
- Two weekly in-house meetings
- Sign in/out board
- Weekly written self-assessment
- Minimal indoor and outdoor chores
- Mandatory meeting attendance and sponsorship for twelve-step followers required